Who Can Join This Course?
Good logic sense. Familiarity with at least one programming language will even boost your learning, but it is not mandatory.
Basic Computer Fundamentals
● Components of computer.
● How CPU, Memory / RAM works and why do we need them.
● Number System, thinking in terms of number system, example of using it in problem solving.
First Program in C++
● IDE vs Compiler.
● Compiling, Running and Understanding First Program.
● Coding styles and header files.
● Variables and C++ I/O.
Data Types and Operators
● Understanding Data Types and Constants.
● Working with Arithmetic Expressions.
● Relational, Logical and Conditional operators.
● Bitwise operators and their tricky applications.
● The if and if-else Statement.
● Nested if and if-else Statement.
● The switch Statement
● Boolean Variables
● Loops - While and For
● Loops - Do-while
● Break, Continue, Goto and Labels
● Defining and Initializing Arrays.
● Operations: Find, Insert, Erase, Copy, Reverse, etc.
● Subarray, Subsequence.
● Multidimensional Arrays and Variable-Length Arrays.
● Arrays of Characters.
● Variable-Length Character Strings.
● The Null String, Escape Character.
● String in C++.
● Palindrome, Anagram.
Working with Function
● Defining a function.
● Arguments and Local Variable.
● Returning function results.
● Global, Automatic and Static Variables.
● Call by Pointers, Call by Reference.
OJ's and Code sharing sites
● IDE vs Compiler.
● Introduction to various OJ i.e. CF, UVA, Codechef, vjudge etc.
● Introduction to code sharing sites.
● Time/Memory Complexity, examples.
● Recaping previous topics in terms of complexity.
● Insertion and selection sort
● Counting sort
● Using in problem solving
● STL Sort
● Insight of binary search and binary property.
● Binary search on arrays.
● Binary search on math problems.
● Bisection in geometry problems.
● Complexity Analysis.
Structures and Classes
● Using structure.
● Operator Overloading.
● Arrays of Structures.
● Sorting of structures.
● Structures Containing Array.
● Basic Object Oriented Programming.
● Insight, recursive equation
● Binary search with recursion
● GCD, LCM, Divisibility.
● Primality check and generation.
● Sieve of Eratosthenes.
● Basic Modular Arithmetic.
● Combinatorics from HSC.
A glimpse of the next course
● Data Structures: Vector, Stack, Queue etc.
● Algorithms: Fast sorting.
● A final technical assignment from the whole syllabus to assess the overall
learning of a student.
I am a competitive programmer with 7+ years of experience in participating in many national & international contests. I love teaching, problem solving and learning new tech. CF Handle: MinhazIbnMizan.LinkedIn Profile
What Students Said
"Competitive Programming for Beginners," offered by your esteemed organization. I am delighted to share my feedback, conveying my utmost gratitude for the outstanding instructor, comprehensive course content, and remarkable learning experience provided. I am particularly impressed with the organization and management of the course. The well-structured schedule allowed for a steady progression of content, ensuring a comprehensive learning experience. The support team's prompt response to any technical or administrative issues ensured a seamless learning journey without major disruptions. The attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the entire Devskill team truly sets your organization apart.
Probably the best course for learning programming Throughout the course, my instructor was Md. Sadman Sakib, who taught us each and every detail about C++ programming. He was always there in our discord channel whenever we needed him. I feel lucky to be a part of this course.
I started CP about 6 months ago with the help of my seniors from our campus. They recommended me this course and I joined and it was one of the best diction. I learned much more about programming and how it also works.
Alhamdulillah I have learned many fundamental concepts from this course. Sadman vai is such an amazing person and also very supportive. His way of teaching helped me a lot to have a clear understanding about the topics.
I got my c++ class during the covid-19 pandemic. It was online and I didn’t get too much help on this. This course from dev skill helped me a lot to understand problems solving and mainly the idea of data structures and algorithms which i was struggling . Thanks to Sadman Sakib vaiya for guiding us though out the whole session.